Saturday, September 15, 2012

We Had A Connection

      I met young man when I was 14 (almost 15 at the time), he was 2 years older me; which my parents showed concern for. We had supervised dates or times we spent together. We only then dated for 9 months-but "We Had A Connection" he was my first real love. Many may of thought that it was puppy love at that time but so many never knew the connection we had. (including my mother-in-law/parents) We didn't talk for 3 months after our break-up, but after getting over the shock - we couldn't not "not talk" anymore! We had a connection. We then would see each other at school and I was close friends with his sister, so if I ever went over there we would have to see each other. Soon due to my family dynamics we no longer went to the same school and didn't live in the same city/town. We still yet stayed in contact with each other, it soon was two years later I had a car (so did he) and a job, we would somehow managed see each other, even though I dated some other guys. It didn't matter we had connection! He one time knew my boyfriend had dumped me right before Valentine's Day (the nerve right?), but he made it oh so much better. I heard a knock on my door, when answered there he stood with a dozen of the most beautiful roses and a Valentine's Bear. Now he didn't have to do this he lived cities away let alone in another county, but he did. We had a Connection... I couldn't explain it then but I knew.

    He was now 18 and was graduating. His Step-Father was a Marine and a Marine recruiter at that, so you know what came next right? Well your about half right. He did go into the Marines. He left (I was more heart broken then I thought I would of been.), I was not sure what our friendship or our connection would hold for the future. He was in Boot-camp and I still had to graduate high-school. I knew there had to be more...he wasn't just going to go on without me. One day I got a phone call, I was shocked to hear the voice on the other end. This was a phone call I wanted, but it was too early. It was only the only the 9 week mark of 13 weeks in the military Marines boot-camp. I was scared... he told me it was over (sadden this was his dream), he had emergency surgery for what they thought was his appendix bursting to find out it was something else. After surgery he was no longer a Marine he was discharged. I knew this was a huge blow. I knew he was depressed this was his goal in life, he had came from a long line of Marines in his family. What next? and Why?were my questions, but I knew those wouldn't help me or him by asking. He eventually would come home to Ohio we had a few visits and still knew he was my closest friend. Once again we had life interruption & again the military was moving them to North Carolina. We are now long distance again. Sadden I kept on but could not get over our connection. We Had A Connection... it wasn't going to disappear would it?

    We kept in contact through long distance-before long distance was free. I would buy cards and so would he. He was working in NC, but had no real plan, I knew living on a Marine base this must of been hard being he wasn't one. I too was soon graduating from high-school. I knew where I wasn't happy but I had to push forward. I graduated at age 17 & got my first place by my 18th birthday. I was making it. Which was part of my dream, I wanted to be independent more then anything. I had a job in my career field and was on my own. Was dating the time but those guys didn't fill the void. I missed him. He had yet moved again he was in Alabama now. His mother was getting a divorce and he went with her to be near a friend of hers. He was working, but he wasn't content either. I know he dated a few girls but they didn't last. I knew we both felt way because we had a connection.
   
   One day he called me and said I'm coming back to Ohio. I said why? He knew I was living with my boyfriend and was living what I thought was my life. His answered said so much more then I could ever understand at that moment. He said: because your there and you are what made me happy once.
He came back and he actually slept on my couch. I didn't know then, but it changed everything. I was able to keep my heart a bay when he was away or not so close. But waking up and seeing him or going to bed and saying goodnight, or little conversations would be what I missed or need the most.
 
   It wasn't long before I noticed I was settling with my current boyfriend. I was giving much more then I was receiving. My current relationship also having difficulties due to his lies. At that point I broke it off and didn't look back. My connection was back, he had my heart again ... just didn't know it yet. We left and lived with family for a few weeks and we took off. I quit my job and packed all we could fit in his car. I wanted to see the US and we took it- life that is by the horns. We lived together, our love grew, we lived in 2 different states (ID & CA), we had our first son and.....

   9 years ago today I did not have the wedding of my dreams, I did not get all dolled up in a white dress (although I had a pretty skirt on), I didn't have all my family around -just a few... BUT we did make the best decision we could and would ever. I married my best friend.
 
           We Had A Connection & We Still Have A Connection, it is called Love! True Love

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful story! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you, so nervous over writing it. New to blogging and putting it out there.

      Delete