By: Corey Pauley (You may use this recipe for your own personal use; in no way may you re-use for your own personal gain, Thank-You I am sharing because I love to help other Mom's for easy day meal.)
- 4- Green Peppers or Red Peppers your choice or bit of both *tops carved and cleaned out
- 1-Yellow Onion 1/2 for the sauce (chopped) & 1/2 for the stuffing of pepper (minced)
- 1/2 - Green Pepper for sauce chopped ruffly
- 1-2 -Cloves of Garlic -pressed with the side for knife & chopped up.
- *you can omit the next 5 ingredients if you are not making your own sauce & use your store bought sauce*
- 1- can of Chopped Tomatoes
- 1- can of Chopped Tomatoes Italian Style
- 1- small can of Tomato Sauce
- 1- small can of Tomato Paste
- 2-3 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1- bag of ready-boil rice *I'm terrible at making rice-so these instant cook bags work so well
- 1lb - of lean Hamburger
- 1/3-1/2 cup of Italian Style Bread crumbs
- On a guess because I've made this recipe so many times the following are 1tsp to 1 &1/2 tsp of garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, salt, parsley, Italian seasoning. (which you will do twice in this recipe if you are making your own sauce.)
|Prepped Bell Peppers|
|Saute the mixture|
|instant rice-easier for me|
|crock-pot ready & rice cooling to make mix|
Poke with a fork to make sure peppers are soft and just almost melting and you are done!
|Looking Yummy Already!|
So I hope this recipe is a great dinner for you and yours . It is one of my favorite comfort foods. I have found them so yummy, but I hated waiting over an oven for them. I'm a busy Mom who home-schools my pre-K son and I have a very active older son who I have to drive back and forth to school. Not to mention my regular duties in the household... I could go on and on.. But I hope you enjoy the recipe. Below is the picture of the finished meal. In our family it is traditionally served with Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans.
Hope this tantalizes your taste-buds and starts you off into a nice home cooked meal that warms the heart and tummy! I've got lots in the works keep an eye on my Blog for new things to come!
Linking this Crock-Pot recipe up with a fun hop below. Click on the link and find other great Crock-Pot recipes too: