Thursday, January 10, 2013

What I Won! Thanks Red Heart!

Hello Readers,

     I don't usually do 2 posts in a day but this was too good not share what I got in the mail today. Some of you may remember awhile back I had entered into a contest with Red Heart Yarn via of Facebook to complete in winning a Red Heart Prize Pack! I was very close for so long in the running. Many of my friends and family voted and pushed for voting for me. And for that I would like to give the biggest Thanks for it. Here is the original post I put on my blog for it. http://coreycreativecorner.blogspot.com/2012/10/cute-pink-teddy-bear-hat.html
I did not win but they decided to make honorary runner up prize packs to be sent out! I was so excited to hear of this news!

     So today I recieved this in the mail:

     I couldn't wait to open this box but the UPS driver dropped it off right before I had to leave to pick up my oldest son for school... so it had to wait! UGGG! I've been waiting.. couldn't believe that it was finally here! 

So I came straight in to find the box and was like a gitty little girl on Christmas day awaiting to open her present! Got the scissors out & opened the box.
I Found:

     It was so stuffed pack I sat on the floor pulled this huge tote bag out! Yippee I love the heavy duty of this bag and that it fits so much I can just imagine my self toting around a big afghan I'm working on now wherever I go. 
See Below:
Its as big as the box but wait till you find out what's inside this tote bag....oooh its good!
Here's the grand picture that would tickle any yarn lovers heart!!!!
Look at all of that! I feel like the luckiest and most blessed Crocheter in the world. It has Knitting Needles in it I might even try now since I have a pair.

The Contents included are: (all Red Heart Materials)
  • Red Heart Large Tote Bag
  • Pair of 5mm Knitting Needles - Susan Bates
  • 1-5mm Size H-8 Crochet Hook- Susan Bates Bamboo (so excited to try it out)
  • 2 books of Patterns for Winters Warmers (1) & Kids Winter Warmers (2)
  • Susan Bates Red Heart Tape Measure (retractable & key-chain)
  • 2 skeins of Team Spirit in Red & Blue (which work with UofA here)
  • 2 skeins of Boutique Rigoletto 1-sequins, color of Onyx & 1-Metallic, color of Amethyst
  • 2 skeins of Boutique Ribbons 1-Fire & 1-Aurora
  • 2 skeins with Love - color of lettuce
  • 2 skeins of Sashay(totally excited to try these out) 1- Disco &1 - Tango
  • 2 skeins of Baby Sheen (fine) color of Lilac  
With all that I am so excited to look through those patterns and get some ideas going. I could and probably will dream about crocheting tonight!
Once again thank-you for all your support and votes along the way.
~ Corey


3 comments:

  1. Haha! I am the exact same way when a package comes. Especially when it's something I didn't pay for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous! You will have to show us what you make with all your new goodies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this was a big one for me! I think everyone who voted for me was so excited to hear that even though I did qualify for the top wins, but to still be made an Honorary Runner Up was awesome news!
      Definitely will show them -- might even be selling my creations on here from this pack of joy!

      Delete